First Loved to Love Retreat - November 2017
The First Loved to Love weekend retreat is designed to create a safe and sacred space where you can experience the deep, abiding love of the Father. Mark Fee, founder of First Loved Ministries as well as speaker, pastor and musician, will talk from his personal experience about how loving oneself and others without first experiencing the love of God is a recipe for burnout and despair. The weekend builds upon three related teachings, creative activities, and small group sessions to help you discover barriers that may be preventing you from fully receiving God’s love. You will come away with a deeper experience of just how much God loves you. You will discover how much easier it is to love others. And you will be equipped with strategies that will enable you to stay close to the Father heart of God each and every day.
Trinity people who have been on a "First Loved to Love" weekend have this to say:
- "I am feeling so blessed for having done the retreat. God has switched on my light, I notice people, their struggles and their challenges, and I am reaching out to connect and help, even with the smallest of things to bring a smile to their faces. Of course the craziness of life does sometimes dull the light, but I am increasingly reading scripture at these critical moments and bringing God into my challenges to support me when I lose my way. My relationship with my wife has definitely been enhanced through my focus on not being as critical and judgmental when the chips are down."
- "All weekend long, Mark and the other leaders really lived what they were teaching - this wasn't some theoretical or theological seminar on love, but a life-changing discovery of God's love for us individually. It was incredible to hear God's words of love spoken so clearly to me in the Bible, and to realize how much I want to convey that love to my family and everyone around me."
- "Having my spouse there made the experience even more meaningful as we came to a deeper understanding of God’s love in our relationship and lead to some powerful revelations for us as a couple."
- "I could not wait to get home and tell my family how much I love them."
- "This ministry brought me into a deeper revelation of God's personal love for me. It's the difference between 'knowing' Scripture and 'living' Scripture."
Speaker: Mark Gordon Fee is the founder of First Love Ministries. An engaging speaker and teacher, Mark is known for his warm personality, his fun and passionate teaching style, and his gifted ability to make Scripture come alive. He was a pastor for 18 years and is an accomplished worship leader and songwriter. He excels in drawing worshippers into a deep and intimate connection with the Lord.
Times: Friday, November 3 at 6:30 p.m. to Sunday, November 5 at 12:00 p.m. The weekend builds from Friday evening until Sunday noon. Please plan to attend the entire time.
Location: Back Forty Farm, 153 Lower Church Road, Washington, CT
Accommodations: Please be aware that beds are limited and some participants may be asked to sleep on air mattresses; there are sleeping spaces in both the farmhouse and the refurbished barn.
Cost: $175 (covers materials, accommodations & five meals; Mark Fee's ministry at the weekend is solely funded through a love offering taken at the retreat). Partial scholarships are available; if you would like to request financial assistance, please contact Evelyn Viana at email@example.com before registering.
Registration: Space is on a first come, first served basis and is limited. Registration will close on or before October 22.
Video Testimonies: Click here to hear what past attendees have to say about the retreat.